Outpatient Family Practice Opportunity in coastal Ellsworth
A Family Practitioner is sought for outpatient practice with Maine Coast Memorial Hospital in Ellsworth. Join 6 physicians and a Physician Assistant delivering family medicine care for the population in and around the Ellsworth area. This busy practice is located in a modern office building less than a mile from the hospital. Schedule is 4 days per week average 22-patient visits per day. Call is comfortable 1-9. Offered is a competitive compensation package which includes, 6 weeks paid leave, CME expenses, relocation expenses and more. A good fit is a board eligible/certified FP seeking a well rounded general practice. Sorry not eligible for sponsorship of J-1 visa. For further details contact: Jane Ham, 800-546-4090, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in Ellsworth, Maine Coast Memorial Hospitalis a 64-bed, full-service hospital serving Hancock and western Washington Counties. Opened in 1956, their comprehensive healthcare facility provides emergency, primary and specialty care, acute inpatient, diagnostic, and surgical services.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is accredited by The Join Commission, reflecting their commitment to meeting the highest performance standards for patient safety and quality, and has received both national and state recognition for patient safety, outcomes, and patient satisfaction levels.
They seek to improve the health of the communities they serve by delivering a broad range of services to meet the individual needs of their patients and their families. Those services include:
- A new emergency center, with 24 hour physician coverage and an adjacent helipad used for emergency air transport of our most critical patients.
- A primary care network conveniently located at 32 Resort Way in Ellsworth, Eleanor Widener Dixon Memorial Clinic in Gouldsboro and Southwest Harbor Medical Center in Southwest Harbor. Internal medicine specialist and pediatricians are also located at 32 Resort Way.
- Full rehabilitation services are conveniently located in Ellsworth, Gouldsboro and Somesville and include physician and occupational therapy, speech language pathology, nutritional counseling and diabetes management.
- Highly skilled surgical staff offering orthopedic, gynecology, urology, general and minimally invasive surgery, otolaryngology and breast surgery. We have an Endoscopy Suite to meet the increased demand for painless colon and gastrointestinal screenings.
- Other specialties including rheumatology, gastroenterology, lipidemiology and dermatology.
- A Medical Imaging Department including a 64-slice CT scanner and 3D/4D ultrasound capability. Our MRI Center offers evening hours every Wednesday as well as Saturday morning hours. Our Breast Clinic offers digital mammography with evening hours available for scheduling convenience.
- Complete care for women provided by both OB/GYN physicians and Certified Nurse Midwives. Our physicians offer the latest in fertility and minimally invasive surgery.
- A Wound Center for treatment of acute and chronic hard-to-heal wounds.
- A haven for those undergoing cancer treatment at the Mary Dow Cancer Center.
- Robust cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs, cardiac stress testing, and a center to diagnose sleep disorders.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing exceptional medical care with the personal touch and convenience only a community hospital can offer.
Ellsworth is a picturesque location on Maine’s coast midway between Bangor and Bar Harbor, each about a thirty minute drive from town. This delightful community is recognized as the Gateway to Maine’s historic Down East region, and the 35,000 acre Acadia National Park.
Click here to learn more about Ellsworth